Primary Job Responsibility :
- Ensure accurate and efficient daily preparation of insurance claims in a fast-paced, metric-driven work environment. Able to communicate with customers and associates in person, over the telephone, or by written correspondence. Ensure department service levels and integrity of claims received are in accordance with organizational operation procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide assistance with assigned files as directed and/or the claim payment process.
- Effectively use claims systems and technologies to successfully enter content information and verify pricing.
- Recognize, refer and/or process subrogation or reimbursement claims within approved limits.
- Display quality work, integrity and ethical decision making during all work assignments.
- Work in a team environment handling low complexity/high volume work.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external partners.
- Adhere to high standards of accountability, confidentiality, and professionalism while dealing with claim information.
Specialized Knowledge and Skill Requirements :
- Active Resident or Designated Home State Independent Adjuster License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of all assigned Client training programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a high production environment
- Shift adherence and strong punctuality
Working Environment and Physical Requirements :
- Sitting in a chair for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate telephone, personal computer, mouse, keyboard and other various equipment for extended periods of time
- Extended and varying work schedules
- Regular attendance required, working up to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for extended periods of time including weekends and holidays
- Fast-paced, changing, multi-tasking environment
- Employees are expected to work 40 hours per week plus mandatory overtime; shifts may vary. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.